I get requests all the time from people who need a 1200 calorie meal plan. It usually involved an upcoming event and they need to lose as much weight as possible quickly.
So here it is: The Lose Weight by Eating 1200 Calorie Meal Plan. This is a “do-it-yourself plan” that’s all about doing your homework, so lets get studying.
Think about studying for your new “skinny” body, so that when you lose the weight you can stay fit and keep your healthy weight for the rest of your life.
Why Do You Need To Learn How To Do A 1200 Calorie Meal Plan?
Because you won’t always be on a “diet.”
Some diet plans give you weeks and weeks of what to eat, but they are doing the homework for you, so that you don’t pass the test and you have to keep on their plan, shakes, meals, etc.
I’ve done it, lost all the weight just to gain it all back again, but because I never did my “homework” I was not ready for the “test.” And guess what I did? Each time I said “I will just go back on_____ diet and lose it again.” It’s more money for them…
Even the National Institutes of Health advocates a 1200 calorie diet plan as part of a healthy reduced-calorie meal plan. (1)
The 1200 Calorie Meal Plan
I want to empower you to make your own 1200 calorie diet menu. So I will give you EVERYTHING for FREE! Here is a 1200 calorie diet menu plan in PDF format for you to print out, then click on the links below it to choose your own 1200 calorie meal plan.
1200 Calorie Diet Meal Options
Pick 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 5 dinners (click on the links). Alternate the breakfasts and lunches every other day and use left overs for the last two dinners.
Snacks should be fruit and veggies, no pre-packaged junk, just what comes from nature.
Sample 1200 Calorie Meal Plan Menu
- Breakfast: Chocolate, Banana and Almond Butter Smoothie- 151 calories, Cranberry Peach Scone w/ White Chocolate Chips- 218 calories
- Lunch: Turkey Cranberry Sandwich- 330 calories with water or unsweetened iced tea
- Dinner: Chicken Fajitas- 300 calories 200 Calories left for snacks, like a banana and a handful of strawberries, or skip the snacks and have a glass of wine with dinner.
- Breakfast: 3 Apple Cinnamon Whole Wheat Pancakes with 2 tablespoons real maple syrup- 229 calories Blended Mocha Cappuccino- 122 calories
- Lunch: Three Cheese Grilled Sandwich- 214 calories, Caprese Sandwich Snack- 80 calories and a cup of iced tea
- Dinner: Citrus Rum Chicken with Rice and Beans- 325 calories Again you have 200 calories left over for some fruit or a glass of wine with dinner.
If You Feel You Need More Calories
Simply add 1-3 snacks to the day, each is around 100-150 calories and will get you to the 1300. 1400, 1500 calories a day you are looking for. Remember, this is a “do-it-yourself” plan and you need to choose what is best for you.
Watch my video on Weekly Meal Panning
Weight Loss Tip: Try Fruit Infused Water!
One thing my site is pretty famous for is my fruit infused water recipes. Drinking infused water a fantastic way to improve your weight loss by helping you drink more water without artificial sweeteners or other nasty chemicals.
I recommend you drink about a gallon a day, or as close as you can. These detox drinks will keep you full among other healthy benefits, including making your skin more beautiful and increasing your metabolism. (2)
Final thoughts on the 1200 Calorie Diet Plan
Although this 1200 calorie diet plan is healthy and highly recommended for most people, there are some restrictions– if you are nursing or have other dietary restrictions, you should consult a doctor before starting this restricted calorie diet.
For some folks cutting calories this low will be a too big of a step to take so it is recommended start with a 1500 calorie a day diet and work your way down to a 1200 calorie diet. The National Institute of Health provides some great tools for calculating your Body Mass Index or BMI, as well as additional 1200 calorie a diet menu plans. (3)
Don’t forget to check out my best selling Lose Weight by Eating Cookbook – you’ll love it and lose weight by eating amazing food!
Happy Eating! XOXO Audrey
- How to Lose Weight by Eating: The Clean Eating Diet Plan
- The Lose Weight by Eating Cookbook
- Detox Diet Week: The 7 Day Weight Loss Cleanse