I get questions each day asking for a 1200 calorie diet plan. This 1200 calorie diet is a “do-it-yourself plan” that’s all about doing your homework so lets get studying. Think about studying for your new “skinny” body, so that when you lose the weight you can stay fit and healthy for the rest of your life.
You need to learn how to do a meal plan because you won’t always be on a “diet.” Some diet plans give you weeks and weeks of what to eat, but they are doing the homework for you, so that you don’t pass the test and you have to keep on their plan, shakes, meals.. etc.
I’ve done it, lost all the weight just to gain it all back again, because I never did my “homework” I was not ready for the “test.” And guess what I did? Each time I said “I will just go back on_____ diet and lose it again.” More money for them…
The 1200 Calorie Diet Weekly Planner
I want to empower you to make your own 1200 calorie diet menu. So I will give you EVERYTHING for FREE! Here is a 1200 calorie diet menu plan in PDF format for you to print out, then click on the links below it to choose your own 1200 calorie meal plan.
Pick 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 5 dinners. Alternate the breakfasts and lunches every other day and use left overs for the last two dinners (or go out).
Meal options (click on the links):
SNACKS should be fruit and veggies, no pre-packaged junk, just what comes from nature.
Here is an example of a 1200 calorie diet meal plan menu:
- Day #1
- Breakfast: Chocolate, Banana and Almond Butter Smoothie- 151 calories Cranberry Peach Scone w/ White Chocolate Chips- 218 calories
- Lunch: Turkey Cranberry Sandwich- 330 calories with water or unsweetened iced tea
- Dinner: Chicken Fajitas- 300 calories 200 Calories left for snacks, like a banana and a handful of strawberries, or skip the snacks and have a glass of wine with dinner.
- Day #2
- Breakfast: 3 Apple Cinnamon Whole Wheat Pancakes with 2 tablespoons real maple syrup- 229 calories Blended Mocha Cappuccino- 122 calories
- Lunch: Three Cheese Grilled Sandwich- 214 calories Caprese Sandwich Snack- 80 calories and an iced tea
- Dinner: Citrus Rum Chicken with Rice and Beans- 325 calories Again you have 200 calories left over for some fruit or a glass of wine with dinner.
Watch my video on Weekly Meal Panning
Additional Weight Loss Tip: Try Fruit Infused Detox Water
One thing my site is pretty famous for is my fruit infused detox water recipes. Drinking infused detox water a fantastic way to improve your weight loss by helping you drink more water without artificial sweeteners or other nasty chemicals. I recommend you drink about a gallon a day, or as close as you can. These drinks will keep you full among other healthy benefits, including making your skin more beautiful and increasing your metabolism.
I began making infused water back in April 2012 with my first flavored water post Day Spa Apple Cinnamon Water. That recipe turned out to be really popular, and went viral on Pinterest with over 2 million views within the first year. Since then, I have created a lot more infused water recipes, and even wrote a fruit infused water recipe book called Fruit Infusion: A Collection of Day Spa Inspired, Fruit Infused Waters.
Final thoughts on the 1200 Calorie Meal Plan
Although this 1200 calorie a day diet is healthy and highly recommended for most people, there are some restrictions– if you are nursing or have other dietary restrictions, you should consult a doctor before starting the 1200 calorie diet.
For some folks cutting calories this low will be a too big of a step to take so it is recommended start with a 1500 calorie a day diet and work your way down to a 1200 calorie diet. The National Institute of Health provides some great tools for calculating your Body Mass Index or BMI, as well as additional 1200 calorie a diet menu plans.